Worship as We GO Songwriting Challenge | Drafts Due October 5, 2018
Purpose: To display and develop the songwriting gifts of Southeastern students as they create songs expressing the mission of Southeastern.
Southeastern Mission Statements:
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary seeks to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the Church and fulfill the Great Commission.
- The College at Southeastern equips students to give their lives for the cause of Christ, in the Church, among the nations, and in every aspect of society.
- Songs should be original works with lyrics and music written by Southeastern students.
- Any “borrowed” material (music or lyrics) must be in public domain (not under copyright)
- Song lyrics should be in line with the mission and doctrinal commitments of Southeastern Seminary and The College at Southeastern.
- Songs may be written for congregational singing, but can also be more “singer-songwriter” or soloistic.
- Songs may be co-written, but at least one of the writers must be a current Southeastern student.
- Song entries must include:
- Name, contact info, and student enrollment status (college, seminary)
- The complete lyrics of the song (typed), and
- A representation of the music of the song, including one or more of the following:
- Basic chord chart and demo recording (mp3 preferred)
- Full lead sheet with chords and notated melody
- Fully notated musical score
- Up to 2 entries per person (including co-written songs) are allowed
- Contact Professor Tricia Strong or Dr. Joshua Waggener with questions
firstname.lastname@example.org │ email@example.com
Submissions may be sent to Dr. Joshua Waggener at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your song(s), please complete the following Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/z6xscXzamBLOMqb03
If you’d like to submit something without using a Google account, click here: https://goo.gl/forms/FVw9qZ1kqzf8YWsg2