10 GOALS FOR GROWTH IN 2018
Every new year is an opportunity for growth, both personally for you and corporately for your church. I encourage you to adopt these goals to be a healthy leader of God’s church in 2018.[i]
- I will read through the Bible this year. Start this new year by following a workable Bible reading plan, perhaps one found under “Bible Study Tools” at com.
- I will pray every day with my spouse and family. Church leaders who really pray begin by praying with those that matter most—their family.
- I will memorize at least one scripture verse each week. Memorize the Word, and have the Sword of the Spirit (Eph. 6:17) ready when the enemy seeks to discourage and defeat you.
- I will walk in holiness. The strongest spiritual leaders bring sin out of the darkness through confession, turn from it, and follow Christ.
- I will take care of myself physically. Taking care of our body is not only wise, but it’s also spiritually necessary. We are not a good witness when we’re out of shape.
- I will speak about God to someone each day. Simply talk of his righteousness all day long (Psa. 71:24), and witnessing to non-believers will come much more naturally.
- I will seek opportunities to share my faith weekly. Pray and watch for God-given opportunities, and don’t miss open doors (Col. 4:2-4).
- I will personally disciple at least four believers this year. Commit this year to mentor at least four believers, perhaps working with two for six months at a time.
- I will increase my commitment to global missions this year. You may give more, pray more, send more, or go more – but plan to do more this year than you did last year.
- I will hold myself accountable to someone for these commitments. Verbal commitments carry little weight unless we live them out. Find somebody to walk with you as you live out these commitments.
May 2018 be a year for you that honors the Lord more than ever!