The 2011 Baccalaureate Colloquium will be held on May 9th at 6:30 p.m. in the Eitel Auditorium. Any Junior or Senior college student who has written an eligible paper (see below) is encouraged to submit it for review. College faculty will select the top three papers that will be presented and monetarily rewarded: 1st place – $200, 2nd place – $150, 3rd place – $100.
- Maximum 10-12 pages;
- Papers must have been written in Fall 2010 or Spring 2011;
- Papers must be part of normal course requirements;
- Papers must be research-type papers in which both primary and secondary sources are referenced and documented;
- Papers should be submitted in the style appropriate to the class in which the paper was assigned; and
- A paper submission cover form, available in the Dean of College office, must be included.
Senior colloquium papers only qualify if the student reduces the thesis to meet the length requirements and is approved and submitted by the professor.
Submission deadline: April 25th in the DOC office. If you have written an eligible paper that meets the qualifications, please advise your professor of such. Please contact the DOC office with any questions (919-761-2208).