As you all are aware, Saturday’s tornadoes affected a lot of people in our community. If you are available this afternoon, we would like to ask you to help minister to our neighbors. Below are two opportunities for you to get involved and share the love of Christ. Southeastern will be sending teams to both locations, so please join us if you are available! If you aren’t available at the times listed, feel free to come whenever you can.
Wake New Hope Fire Station (1:00 PM today):
- Where: 4909 Watkins Road, Wendell, NC– This is about 25 minutes from SEBTS, and right on the Wendell/Raleigh line
- What will you do? Serve the firefighters with whatever they need help with.
- Bring tools, rakes, chainsaws, whatever you have that might be of assistance.
- A group of student are carpooling from Wakefield Baptist at 12:30. Details Below:
If people would prefer to meet a group and carpool/caravan, they can come to Wakefield Baptist church at around 12:30 (WBC is at 13029 Keith Store Road Wake Forest, NC 27587–We’re under the blue water tower, which is across from Wakefield Glenn Apartments off Falls of Neuse).
Springfield Subdivision (12:30 PM today):
- Where? Meet at Scott Hildreth’s House: 3814 Tyler Bluff Lane, Raleigh, NC
- What will you do? Serve in whatever capacity needed. This is one of the hardest hit neighborhoods in the area. Picking up trash, debris, etc.
- Bring work gloves and comfy clothes.
- Meet behind Patterson Hall at 12:30 PM if you would like to carpool with Student Life staff.
- Grab lunch before you go.