SEBTS students encouraged to apply for Wake County Title I Pre-K program
Wake County Public School System is now accepting applications for their Title I Pre-K program and are encouraging Southeastern families to apply. Some programs are based on household income but others are not. Please see information below regarding the Pre-K program.
Title I Pre-Kindergarten Program
The Title I Pre-Kindergarten Program is designed to provide a child-centered, developmentally appropriate experience for four-year-old children in need of academic support. The program stresses an environment that motivates learning through exploration and discovery. The goal of the program is to prepare children to enter kindergarten ready to learn and succeed. Screenings for student participation are offered each spring and students qualify based on academic need.
To have your child considered for the Pre-K Title 1 Pre-K Program:
- Your child must be four years old by August 31st, 2013.
- You must complete and mail a Pre-K application to the Pre-K Application Center by April 25, 2013.
- Upon receipt of a complete application, you will be notified of your child’s screening appointment.
- Your child must be screened to be considered for a PreK placement.
- Title I Pre-Kindergarten Application