This Week’s Video Announcements:
Family Life Conference
This weekend, invest in your relationship with tickets to the Family Life Conference 2014. Join Danny Akin on April 4th and 5th for this Family Life training event. Dr. Akin’s heartfelt teaching on marriage, child-rearing and many other topics will leave you refreshed and encouraged.
- Wake Forest Baptist Church
- Friday, April 4th Session from 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday, April 5th Session from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Cost is $25 per couple, $15 per individual
- Child care is not provided
Pericope Adulterae Symposium
Scholars have long disagreed about the originality of John 7:53-8:11, which contains the story of the woman caught in adultery. Traditionally known as the Pericope Adulterae, this text has concerned various textual critics as to whether it should be included in the canon of Scripture. Join us April 25 & 26 for the Pericope Adulterae Symposium as leading scholars from around the globe explore these issues.
- April 25 & 26
- $30 per person & $20 for students
- Purchase tickets at sebts.edu/conferences
Global Missions Week
Join the CGCS for two church planter panels this week as part of Global Missions Week. On Wednesday, there will be a free pizza lunch and North American panel for everyone following chapel. And on Thursday evening, come get coffee and a free mug at our Mugs and Missions event on international church planting.
- Missionary exhibits in CGCS Rotunda all week
- North American Panel and Pizza: April 2nd after chapel, CGCS
- “Mugs and Missions” International Panel: April 3rd at 7:00pm, CGCS
Global Missions Week – Taste of the Nations
Also this week as part of GMW is the annual Taste of the Nations. “Taste of the Nations” is a way for people to learn about the nations of the world through the tastes, sights, and sounds of different countries Immediately following chapel on Thursday, go to Ledford and sample different foods from around the globe and learn how you can pray for and serve the people in these different locations.
- Free International Foods
- Thursday, April 3rd from 11am – 2pm
- Ledford Student Center